Sunday 6 May 2012

Experiments with Embroidery.  

I've always wanted to have a go at embroidery, especially with all the lovely new books out. (well, some have been out for several  years now)  I decided to start with a sampler from J. Hart's book.  It's the one that says "stitches I know".  It was good fun.

My  next go (which is still a work in progress) is the craft octopus.  There will be a different craft implement on each tentacle.

The pillowcase are a gift for my friend Claire.  She's a rockabilly gal who loves cherries.  Check out her shop at  www.dollycool.co.uk  I bought some white pillowcase and added some cherries.  The cherries don't quite match.  Woops.  Didn't realized it until the finally knots had been trimmed.  I'll make her another set when I get the hang of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment